Postgraduate Programmes


Dear Student

Please note: You cannot register with the HPCSA with only an academic Honours degree in psychology. 

Perhaps you can look on the HPCSA website to find out which institutions offer the BPsych Equivalence, which is a programme after a completed Honours degree and allows you to register with the HPCSA as a Registered Counsellor.  We do not offer this programme. You can also contact the South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) or Cornerstone College as these institutions offer the BPsych Programme.

The Department of Industrial Psychology is busy compiling a programme in Psychometry. You can contact them for more information.

You can also apply for the Masters in Clinical Psychology after a completed Honours degree with an average of 60% or above. This Masters in Clinical psychology entails a strict selection. If you are selected and complete it successfully then you can write the board exam and register with the HPCSA as a Clinical psychologist.

Last modified: 2021/08/26