- This e-mail legal notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient / addressee in terms of sections 11(1) to 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002. Without affecting the validity of this clause, this Act may be downloaded - click HERE
- This e-mail transmission contains confidential information, which is the property of UNISA. No person, other than the recipient (so indicated by the sender) may use or disclose the contents of this message, links or attachments hereto to any person whatsoever. Disclosure and/or use may lead to civil liability.
- The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is intended for the attention and use only of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this email in error, please delete and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately. At no time may you act on the information contained therein.
- The e-mail address of the sender may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices without the prior written consent of the sender.
- Under no circumstances shall UNISA or the sender of this email be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of this email, or of any other hyper linked web site, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data or information handling systems or otherwise, even if UNISA or the sender of this e-mail has been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Any agreements concluded with UNISA by using electronic correspondence shall only come into effect once UNISA indicated such contract formation in a written (electronic or paper based format) follow up communication.
- No e-mail correspondence sent to UNISA shall be deemed to have been received until UNISA has responded thereto in writing. An auto-reply shall not constitute such a response.
- No warranties are made or implied that any employee or contractor of UNISA was authorised to make this communication.
- UNISA retains the copyright in all e-mail messages and attachments sent from its communications systems. You are hereby licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only – all other rights are reserved unless so indicated by the sender.
- The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of UNISA. If this e-mail message was used for purposes unrelated to the official business of UNISA, UNISA shall not be liable for any damage caused by the contents of this message and the sender shall take full responsibility therefore in his/her sole and personal capacity.
- Subject to urgent and interim court relief, all disputes and/or disagreements and/or damages and/or liabilities, in any manner related to the following:
- Interpretation and enforceability of this e-mail legal notice;
- Interpretation of this e-mail legal notice;
- Content (including message headers, links and/or attachments) of this e-mail message; or
- Sending or receipt of this e-mail message shall be referred to urgent and confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited arbitration rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation and such arbitration shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English.
- The law of South Africa governs this e-mail legal notice.
- UNISA is deemed to be established as Public Provider of Higher Education in terms of the Higher Education Act, No. 101 of 1997, as amended.In accordance with section 23(1) of the Higher Education Act, (Act Number 101 of 1997) the Technikon SA and UNISA merged into a single higher education institution. The assets, liabilities and contractual obligations of the merging institutions are transferred to the new institution, referred to as the University of South Africa (UNISA). This merger was published on 14/11/2003 in Government Gazette No 25737.
- Full name of the Public Higher Education Institution: University of South Africa
- Country of incorporation: Republic of South Africa;
- UNISA Management Committee
- Street address: Preller Street Muckleneuk Ridge, City of Tshwane, South Africa.
- Postal Address:P.O. Box 392, UNISA, 0003, South Africa.
- Unisa website
Please contact the Executive Director: Information and Communication Technology should you have any questions regarding this e-mail legal notice.
Last modified: Sun Oct 09 08:56:12 SAST 2016