About the Chance 2 Advance Programme
The Chance 2 Advance aims to meet the learning needs of our society by providing members of the public, workers and civil society a kaleidoscope of creative and innovative learning opportunities and a range of informal learning initiatives.
We hope to:
- Promote a culture of learning, so that all people can be better informed, equipped and prepared for life, study, work, community participation and global events.
- Create the opportunity for people who are generally excluded from formal learning to be part of a community of thinkers and learners.
- Build resilience and self-assurance through learning that leads to job security and opportunity.
- Enhance skills and earning power, build capacity and facilitate preparedness for the working environment.
- Provide motivation and enrichment in diverse contexts by taking learning to communities and work places - not only to universities and schools.
- Design and disseminate motivating, user-friendly learning initiatives and products that include community days, workshops, public lectures and publication products that are relevant, practical, constructive and geared for public consumption.
To raise awareness of the inherent capacity to learn, serve and transform in every human being. To design, create and disseminate learning initiatives that are relevant, practical, constructive and geared for public consumption - towards the goal of purposeful, positive and productive change.
The next revolution in South Africa is going to be a learning revolution. The Unisa Chance 2 Advance Programme is poised to birth this revolution. Learn WHOEVER you are, is the undertaking of this special programme. Learning which leads to service and service which leads to transformation is the core of this innovative programme.
- Encourage a national culture of learning.
- Communicate the personal joys and collective socio-economic benefits of learning.
- Create a society where learning is appreciated, understood and desired.
- Bridge the knowledge gap experienced by disadvantaged and marginalized communities through greater access to lifelong learning.
- Encourage exciting, significant and relevant learning that can empower, enrich and reinvigorate people towards community and self realization.
- Encourage and inspire national informal and lifelong learning in a variety of social contexts.
- Create networks and partnerships towards education and social revitalization.
- Enable unemployed people to develop resilience and self-confidence to respond to challenging situations through our capacity development and skills training.
- Design motivating, user-friendly workshops, training sessions and public discussions.