Conditions for using / accessing internet / computers at the Telecentre
- This benefit is only for registered Unisa students; no other person may use this benefit on behalf of any Unisa student.
- Display a student card to the Centre Manager/Administrator of the Service Provider on your arrival at the centre.
- The Centre Manager/Administrator will give you a Unisa register to complete. Fill in your particulars, including your initials and surname, student number, course code, date, reason/s for which the internet/computer will be accessed and the length of time to be spent on the internet/computer. You must also sign your name in the space provided.
- You are allowed to spend a maximum of two hours per session on the internet/computer. This is to give other students a chance to also access the internet on the same computers. For this reason, you will not be allowed to browse the internet/use the computer at any Service Provider without making prior bookings/arrangements.
- If you browse the internet/use the computer for more than a maximum of six hours per month, you will be required to pay for the extra usage at a cost determined by the Service Provider. Should the student need more hours beyond what it has been allocated, she/he should write a motivation to the following email: CommTelecentre@unisa.ac.za to request for extended hours.
- You may visit Unisa’s website to register online, and to access information on myUnisa, the library and any other information related to your studies at Unisa. A postgraduate Unisa student, however, will also be allowed to access information in relation to the research topic of his or her studies.
- This benefit extends to internet access and general computer usage for academic purposes only; it is not applicable to the use of other services, such as telephone and fax usage, photocopying or any other service a student may require from the Service Provider.