Research Institute for Theology and Religion:Community engagement
Prof Victor Molobi
- Member of the Organization of the African Initiated Churches (OAIC) Theological Resource Team in Nairobi, Kenya. Responsibilities include among others:
Organiser of the OAIC in the Southern Africa region responsible:
- To oversee the transition of the present Director of Theology and Ministerial Formation to the next one.
- To Constitute Regional Theological Teams by the end of April 2010
- To Organise Regional Conferences on Theological themes
- To facilitate the process of developing an appropriate framework for theological education for AICs.
Member of the Melorane Community on Development in North West on:
- To organise ecumenical dialogues with other churches
- To propose a procedure for selection of new OAIC Director of Theology
Leader and member of the Theological Focus Group (Unisa)
- Heritage: History and culture
- Environment and Community projects
Ordained minister in the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa (AFMSA) Pastor in Danville, Pretoria
Member of the Leadership Training Committee of the Gauteng North Network Region (GNN)
Member of the editorial board of the Apostolic Faith Mission (AFM) news magazine
Part-time Lecturer of Missions at the Soshanguve AFM Theological Seminary
- Help developing scholars to publish
- To organise seminars and conferences for academic purposes
Prof Christina Landman
- Ordained minister in the Uniting Reformed Church of Southern Africa (URCSA) Pastor in Sakhelwe, Dullstroom, Mpumalanga.
- Member of the Advisory Board of National Orders to the State President, Jacob Zuma
- Part-time lecturer in Pastoral Counselling at the URCSA seminary, Pretoria
- Member of the Seminary Management Committee of URCSA, Northern Seminary
- Board Member of CABSA (Christian Aids Bureau for Southern Africa)
Prof Cornel du Toit
- Part time lecturer at St John Vianney seminary and presents a course in science and religion.
- Participation in radio and television programmes: During 2009 he participated in the 50/50 programme on science and life after death and participated in a programme of SABC Africa on fundamentalism in Africa. He participated in radio programmes (on 702) on stem cell research and on the display of religious symbols / clothing in public. Several programmes for a Christian television station were screened as well.
- Present lectures on invitation to interest groups. Several lectures presented lectures during 2009 at St Columbus Presbyterian Church in the field of science and religion. Speaker at 2010 ministers day (on religion and evolution) organised by the Univ. of Pretoria.
- Involved in evaluating articles for journals. Several articles evaluated for HTS and European Journal for Science and Theology.
- Was involved in auditing the Department of Systematic theology and Christian ethics at the University of Pretoria, on request of the department of education. The team included an international scholar. This was done in Dec 2009. Du Toit wrote and submitted the report in 2010.