The Constitution and Acts of Parliament are amended from time to time. To ensure that you consult the latest of any of the enactments of these Acts, kindly note the following:
1. Users with access to Jutastat or the Butterworths Electronic Library will find the most recent version of an enactment at the following sites:
2. Users without access to the resources listed under (1), must check the annual list of Acts of Parliament for subsequent amendments to a particular Act. Updated Acts can be found on Acts Online Institute Portal).
3. The Institutional Statute of the University of South Africa (Government Gazette 28464) was promulgated on 3 February 2006 and appears at The Statute of the University of South Africa.
This Institutional Statute, subject to section 33 of the Higher Education Act 1997 (Act 101 of 1997), as amended, gives effect to any matter not expressly prescribed in the Higher Education Act.
This Institutional Statute replaces the Standard Institutional Statute, which were effective prior to the promulgation of the Institutional Statute. Click HERE for The Standard Institutional Statute. (PDF)
The following amendments to the Standard Institutional Statute (SIS) are available:
4. The following legislation can also be found at acts online
5. Legal Deposits Act (Act 54 of 1997) (PDF)
6. Higher Education Act (Act 101 of 1997) (PDF)
7. Notices regarding the merger between UNISA and TSA: Merger of public higher education institutions (PDF)
8. Notice of the incorporation of Vista-Vudec into the University of South Africa (PDF)