Welcome to the Protection Services
The Directorate of Protection Services is divided into 6 divisions which are responsible for the following functions:
- The Protection of employees, students, visitors, Unisa property and its reputation on the Pretoria- and Florida Campuses as well as the regional offices.
- Control and regulation of all traffic (incoming and outgoing) on all the Campuses, dealing with all written reports for the arrangement of parking and all other traffic incidents.
- Investigation of all reported criminal incidents on all Campuses and Regional offices, proper compilation of Security Reports and statistics.
- Proper development of Protection Services officers through the scheduling and attendance of relevant training courses.
- Ensure legal compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Provision of Emergency services and the implementation and monitoring of an approved Emergency Management plan for all Unisa Campuses and Regional offices.
Director: Mr RP Arnold (Robbie)