About the college
Prof R Songca
The origins of Unisa’s College of Law can also be traced back to 1873: at that time, the Board of Public Examiners was replaced by the University of the Cape of Good Hope, and the Certificates in Law and Jurisprudence offered by the Board were replaced by the University’s Certificate of Proficiency in Law and Jurisprudence and the LLB degree (Bachelor of Laws).
The College is housed in the Cas van Vuuren Building on the main campus of Unisa in Pretoria.
The College consists of nine teaching departments: Criminal and Procedural Law; Jurisprudence; Mercantile Law; Private Law; Public, Constitutional and International Law; Criminology: Penology; Police Practice and Security Risk Management.