Learning and development at Unisa
Education is at the heart of the Unisa experience, not only for students but for all our staff members. Human Resources offers a wide range of opportunities designed to improve your knowledge, skills, attitudes values and overall success. The range of training and development opportunities include:
- Professional development
- Managerial and Career development
- Leadership development
- Technical training e.g. Computer courses, satellite training, business writing skills, etc.
- Specialized training e.g. Emotional Intelligence, Stress Management, Project Management, etc.
- Online Training courses e.g. Ethics online program
- Flagship programs e.g. Young Academics, Building Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Scholarship Plan, e.g. Mentorship & Coaching Programs
- Executive Management & Leadership Programs
Unisa prides itself in being a learning institution which is committed to life-long learning. This commitment is demonstrated through subsidizing various learning and development opportunities for all staff members in the institution. These initiatives include:
- Providing study assistance benefits for formal qualifications not only at Unisa but also at any other recognized local or international institutions.
- Providing study leave once registered for a formal qualification.
- Providing financial study assistance for dependants of staff members registered for formal qualifications at Unisa or at any other institution.
- Encourages continuous staff development by providing adequate financial assistance for external course attendance.