Skip to content
Undergraduate & honours studies

Amending your registration

You may make any of the following changes to your registration by logging on to myUnisa ( and following the registration prompts. If you’d prefer the university to assist you, submit your request in writing using the prescribed forms.

  • By post: The Deputy Registrar, PO Box 392, Unisa, 0003
  • By fax: 012 429 4150

Adding and cancelling modules

To add modules after registration you must apply online or in writing using the prescribed form (DSAR02) and then pay the necessary fee to the university by the relevant closing date for registration. Please note that requests to add modules received via e-mail will not be accepted as official requests for additions.

Cancelling modules

You can cancel modules via the same channels. You will, however, forfeit the applicable portion of the fees paid (related to the date of cancellation). Please look at the “exclusion from studies” paragraph in the Student Rules before cancelling modules.

Changing your address and/or telephone number

Submit all requests to change telephone numbers and/or postal, physical or courier addresses online or in writing using the prescribed form.

Changing your exam centre

If you want to change your examination venue, ensure that you apply by the due date for the specified examination period.

Applying for course credit exemptions

You can’t be exempted from more than 50% of the modules for the qualification you registered for. Neither can you receive exemption for both your major subjects. You must have met Unisa’s admission requirements at the time of having passed the relevant modules at your previous institution.

Conditional exemption

If you have an ordinary conditional exemption, you will not be allowed to proceed to second or further years of study until you have passed the outstanding module and met the condition of that exemption.