Who must apply?
Everyone starting a new qualification, first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification. If you applied for admission to semester 1 and did not receive an offer, you must re-apply for semester 2 of the 2016 academic year.
Online applications: 9 - 27 May 2016 (hard copy applications will only be accepted for non-degree purposes).
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
Please note that if you don't meet the exact requirements listed below, your application will be declined and you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
I am sure that
- I am certain that Open Distance Learning (ODL) and Unisa are for me
- I am certain about my career
- I have chosen the correct Unisa qualification(s) for my career choice
- I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following certified documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents.
All required documents must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths before being scanned and uploaded as part of the application submission process. Failure to submit all required documents, as well as required documents not being correctly certified, will result in your application being declined - it will not be processed further for the current application period.
- Certified copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Certified copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (please note that internet copies will not be accepted)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or passport (international students)
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Certified sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
*Please note that some qualifications may require additional documents.
I am sure that certified documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully during the application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period. For more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.