Welcome to I-SET
What is I-SET
What is the purpose of I-SET?
- Inspired Towards Science Engineering and Technology.
- It is a Community Engagement Flagship Project of UNISA for CSET and also for Research and Innovation (R&I).
- Its goal is to INSPIRE awareness and interest in Science, Engineering and Technology.
- It has targeted learners aged 9-16 and their communities.
- The project uses fun activities, including the building of programmable robots using Lego mindstorms to achieve robotic challenges.
What is I-SET doing?
- To actively market Science, Engineering and Technology through the liaison with media and through the hosting of relevant events.
- To use Web 2.0 technologies to create and deliver open educational resources (OER) for use by learners and their communities.
- To participate in events that will inspire the interest of the learners in Science, Engineering and Technology.
- To identify, investigate and research community engagement research questions within the project that are raised within the wider community engagement, both nationally and internationally.
- It is providing training and support to coaches and mentors of teams within the community.
- It is providing coaching, mentoring and branding to the CSET teams that represents CSET CE at national robotics competitions.
- It trains and supports CSET staff members act as mentors to teams and judges at competitions.
- It is participating in a wide range of Science, Engineering and technology exhibitions and showcases to actively market I-SET and its activities.
- For all our presentations click here.
Project Leader: Mrs Patricia Gouws
School of Computing
011 670 9113