Agriculture and Animal Health
Thinking of joining us?
- Do you love working with and studying about animals?
- Do you have passion for plants and animals?
- Do you want to learn about food quality?
- Do you want to understand how to run a business?
- Do you want to make money out of your products?
- Do you want to help communities to deal with food security solve challenges?
Then you are at the right place!
The Department of Agriculture and Animal Health (AAH) through its programmes strives towards the sustainable use of natural, living and community resources for the benefit of humanity.
As the Department of Agriculture and Animal Health, we commit ourselves to promote the understanding and management of natural, living and related cultural heritage for the benefit of communities through:
- Offering of relevant qualifications in the field of Agriculture, Animal Health, Food Nutrition and Security
- Responsible open access to all students including the marginalized and people with disability to increase retention, throughput and success while addressing equity
- Attracting, developing and retaining dedicated academic, professional and administrative staff of high calibre for enhanced service delivery
- Participating in Community Engagement (CE) to address community development needs
- Seeking and sustaining partnerships with industry to ensure relevance of curricula, work integrated learning placement of students, entrepreneurship, innovation and commercialization
- Carry out research to address national needs