Mrs Motshedisi Eunice Chauke
Department of Health Studies
University of South Africa
TEL: + 27 (0) 12 – 429 8815
Fax: + 27 (0) 12 – 4296688
- Diploma in General Nursing; Midwifery; Intensive Nursing Science
- Diploma in Nursing Education and Community Nursing Science (MEDUNSA)
- BA Cur (UNISA)
- MA Health studies (Critical Care Nursing with specialisation in cardiothoracic nursing)
Areas of Interest
- Critical Care Nursing Science
- General Nursing Science and Art
- Health Sciences Education: Assessment techniques, reflective practice and curriculum development
- Clinical teaching and Accompaniment
- Leadership skills
- Appreciative inquiry
- Lecturer: UNISA; 2006 to date
- Professional and senior professional nurse: Garankuwa Hospital; 1978 – 1987
- Tutor: Garankuwa and Lebone Colleges of Nursing; 1988 – 1996
- Lecturer: MEDUNSA Nursing Science Department; 1996 – 2006
- Exchange lecturer: JÖNKOPING UNIVERSITY; SWEDEN; May 2004- July 2004
Articles Published In Journals
- Okechukwu, EF & Chauke, ME. 2012. Knowledge and practice of standard precautions in public health facilities in Abuja, Nigeria. International Journal of Infection Control 8(3).
- Mogotlane, SM, Chauke, ME, Van Rensburg, GH, Human, SP & Kganakga, CM. 2010. A situational analysis of child-headed households in South Africa. Curationis 32 (3):24-32.
- Enskar, K, Ljusegren, G, Bergulag, G, Eaton, N, Harding, R, Mokoena, JD, Chauke, ME and Moleki, MM. 2007. Attitudes to and knowledge about pain management of nurses working with children with cancer: A comparative study between Sweden, UK and South Africa. Journal of Research in Nursing (12):501.
- Chauke, ME & Mokoena, JD. 2006. The experiences of African nurse educators regarding their participation in an overseas exchange program. Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery 8(2):54-60.
- Chauke, ME. 2004. Assessment techniques for collaborative learning. Nursing Update 28(2):34-36.
Chapters in Books
Mogotlane, SM, Chauke, ME, Matlakala, MC, Mokoena, JD & Young, A. 2013. Juta's Textbook of Complete Medical-Surgical Nursing. Cape Town: Juta.
Geyer, N, Mogotlane, SM & Young, A. Juta’s Manual of Nursing. 2009. 2nd edition. Volume 1. Cape Town: Juta. (contributed chapter 27).
Mogotlane, SM, Manaka-Mkwanazi, Mokoena, JD, Chauke, ME & Young, A. 2004. Juta’s Manual of Nursing: Practical Manual. Volume 2. Cape Town: Juta.
Mogotlane, SM, Chauke, ME, (editor) Mokoena, JD, Manaka-Mkwanazi, I & Young, A. 2004. Juta’s Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing. Volume 4. Cape Town: Juta.
Professional Positions & Awards
Professional membership of the
South African Nursing Council (SANC)
Africa Honour Society. TAU LAMBDA -AT-LARGE CHAPTER OF STTI
Critical Care Society of Southern Africa
Wound Healing Association of Southern Africa
Steering committee of the National project on situational analysis of child headed households in South Africa
Received the following awards
Lebone College of Nursing; merit award for excellent performance (1992)
UNISA ; Italian bursary for excellent performance in Nursing Education (1990)
Medunsa; awards for excellent performance in Pharmacology, theory and practice of Health education (1987).
Wentworth Hospital; Diploma in Intensive Nursing Science, course passed with distinction (1982)