Registration requirements and procedures for Insurance courses
Registration for the 2015 Programmes opens on 24 November 2014 and closes on 23 January 2015 for admission to the first semester, and from 1 June until 30 June 2015 for the second semester. No late registrations will be allowed.
NB Please only make application for entry to one semester on the application form. Submit your application for enrolment for the second semester on a separate form, by mid-year and not as part of your application for enrolment in the first semester.
to download the registration form (PDF).
Process for new applicants
- The Application for Registration with all the applicable sections duly completed and signed by the candidate (and Questions 32 or 33 by the employer, if applicable).
- Copy of Identity Document for South African applicants (or Passport by Non-South African applicants).
- Copy of National Senior Certificate (NSC) or matric certificate
- Proof of required prior insurance learning credits - for example a completed qualification in insurance of at least 120 credits (such as a Higher Certificate in Insurance or qualification 76546 or qualification 76511) for the Programme in Advanced Insurance Practice
- Completed Application for Exemption(s) and appropriate documentary proof must be submitted to Cecile de Swardt at email@example.com if application is being made for:
- The recording of credits for previous IISA examination passes, or
- Exemptions based on previous insurance studies passes
Process for registered students in the IISA Programmes in Insurance
- This Application for Registration with all the applicable sections duly completed and signed by the candidate (and Questions 32 or 33 by the employer, if applicable). Please ensure you quote the student number you were allocated, previously.
- Completed Application for Exemption(s) and appropriate documentary proof if application is now being made for any qualifications acquired/awarded since any/the previous application (if any). If you are not certain whether application was previously made and/or agreed to, please contact the Programmesí offices, first.
Registration documents can be sent in the following ways:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
If emailed, you will receive an automated acknowledgement of receipt. Please use the above address/fax number only and not any of the other addresses or fax numbers.
Via fax to 086 693 7433
Please send the documents once only. If you are uncertain whether the documents transmitted properly and completely, rather query this by email or fax at the above address/ fax number, or telephone 012 352 4228/4377.
Only after you have been registered (and allocated a student number) should payment of the fees be made. As soon as you have been registered you will receive an email message or letter, quoting the student number that has been allocated and giving details of the amount payable and the applicable banking details.
NB: If your employers have agreed to pay the tuition fees, either by means of a loan or a bursary, you must pass the letter and any subsequent statements to them. Failure to do so may result in the fees not being paid or correctly allocated and your registration may be cancelled and/or you may not be allowed admission to the examinations.