Dr Lydia Vangele Monareng
Professor – Health Service Management
Department of Health Studies
University of South Africa
TEL: + 27 (0) 12 - 429 6059
Fax: + 27 (0) 12 – 4296688
- Post Doctoral Fellow University of Alberta, Canada
- D Litt Phil (Unisa)
- MA Cur Nursing Education (Hampton University – USA)
- BA Cur Honours Nursing Administration (UNISA)
- B Cur I et A (MEDUNSA)
- BA theology (UNISA)
Areas of Interest
- Research activities
- Public speaking, facilitation of groups and workshops
- Empowerment of Women (single) nationally and Internationally
- Spiritual matters
- Professional Nurse – Garankuwa Hospital – 1978 – 1984
- Senior Professional Nurse – Garankuwa Hospital – 1984 – 1989
- Matron – Garankuwa Hospital – 1989 – 1991
- Lecturer – MEDUNSA – 1994 – 1997
- Lecturer – UNISA – 2000 to 2012
- Senior Lecturer - 2011 to 2013
- Professor - 2013 to date
Articles published in Journals: Accredited / Non Accredited
Monareng, LV. 2013. Exploration of the integration of spiritual nursing care to clinical care. Health SA Gesondheid 17 (2012).
Monareng, LV. 2012. Spiritual nursing care: concept analysis. Curationis 35(1):1-9.
Monareng, LV & Onunkwor, C. 2012. Person's glaucoma knowledge in Abuja, Nigeria. Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery 14(2):63-76.
Konde, KK, Monareng, LV & Dolamo, BL. 2011. Ugandan women childbirth preferences. Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery 13(2):9-14.
Monareng, LV, Dube, A & Jooste, K .2009. Preceptors and preceptees' views on student nurse clinical accompaniment in Botswana. Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery 11(2):115-129.
Mbambo DE, Ehlers, VJ & Monareng, LV. 2006.Factors influencing adolescent mothers' non-utilisation of contraceptives in the Mkhondo village. HealthSAGesondheid 11 (4):22-31.
Monareng, LV & Meyer, S. 2005. Africa Honor Society membership gets a boost published. Africa Journal of Nursing and Midwifery 6(1):4-6.
Ehlers, VJ, Oosthuizen, MJ, Bezuidenhout, MC, Monareng, LV. Jooste, K. 2003.
Post basic nursing students' perceptions of the emigration of nurses from the republic of SA. HealthSAGesondheid 8 (4):13-21.
Monareng, LV. 2001.Research report: National research conference organized by the South African Association of women Graduates (SAWG), UCT Medical School, Cape Town, 2-4 February 2001. HealthSAGesondheid.
Chapters in books:
- 2008 Leadership in Health Services Management. Jooste, k (editor). Second edition. Revised chapter 9 on Cultural Diversity and Leadership
- 2007 Introduction to Health Services Management. SW Booyens (editor) Co-authored with prof. MC Bezuidenhout, SW Booyens chapter (8) and wrote on ‘Workforce diversity in the workplace’ as part of revision of the book published in 2008
- 2003 Leadership in Health Services Management. Jooste, K (editor) Cape Town: Juta. Wrote a chapter (8) on ‘Cultural Diversity and Leadership’ and is prescribed for both undergraduate and post graduate students
- 2001 Wrote a chapter 4 : (Group discussions) in a book for undergraduate students edited by Dr V Ehlers titled ‘Teaching aspects of health care’. Authors: Monareng LV and Ehlers VJ
Professional Positions & AwardsMember of researchers (SA and Canada) on Global Homelessness
Member of the Africa Honour Society
Reviewer of Africa Journal of Nursing & Midwifery
Reviewer for Curationis
Reviewer for Health SA Gesondheid Journal
President of single women’s ministry
Member of Transforming Tshwane Board of Directors
Awarded Best Student in the 1993 Master Science Class
Senior pastor of a local church in Soshanguve